[SEL] Volunteers Sought for Tod Engine Heritage Park

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Sun Jun 18 04:30:02 PDT 2006

The Tod Engine Foundation has made an agreement to purchase 3 acres of land behind the museum property and this includes two buildings.  One building will be used for  offices, library and display area for our collection of machine tools, steel industry artifacts and steam engines.  The other will be used by the Tod Engine Works for our foundry.

We are in need of some volunteer help this summer to work on the new site.  The buildings need cleaned up, secured and renovated as well as moving the equipment collections to the building. I am usually on site on Saturdays but can arrange to be on site on any day to accomodate a volunteer's schedule.

If you would like to help out please send me an email or call. Our collection is growing fast and soon we will have an outstanding facility to display our pieces of historic industrial equipment.   If you have never poured iron before and would like the chance to do so that can be arranged as well.

Thanks

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-272-4089
www.todengine.org
William Tod Co. 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Rolling Mill Engine
Historic Mechanical and Materials Engineering Landmark