[SEL] Cushman R-12 Information Needed

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Jun 15 11:36:06 PDT 2006

At 06:00 PM 14/06/2006, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:55:59 EDT
>From: FRM8198 at aol.com
>Subject: [SEL] Cushman R-12 Information Needed
>
>Hi List,
>I have finally determined that I have a Cushman R-12.
><snip>
>Francis  Maciel
>Santa Maria, CA

Hi Francis,
         I've never heard of the R-12 (but I'm quite new to this old iron
sickness). I have scanned the manual for the R20 - would they be similar?
         Duncan Denman has a page about the Massey Harris engines and the
R14 , R20 and R30 were rebadged Cushman's
         If you need it let me know and I'll eMail it to you.
         The Cushman Company still exists (but now makes medical equipment
and suchlike)and has a museum run by an ex employee who allegedly knows
about the engines and their history but I wrote to them and they promised
to get back to me but never did.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---