[SEL] blasting cabinet question - OT sort of

Joseph L. Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Jun 9 18:25:11 PDT 2006

Hi Bill,

Took a ride over to Harbor Freight today.

The cabinet you are looking at (Lot # 39170) doesn't look too bad.
It measures about 35" across the front.  The window is glass but seems to
have
a plastic coating or film on the inside.  The weight of the metal seems
sufficient.
16 Gauge on the top box - 18 Gauge on the frame & legs.
It seems to fit in a stand.  I'm not sure if it comes apart but I would
think it does.
There is a florescent light inside it.
2 Ports in the back for a vacuum.
The glove/sleeves are not real heavy but, I guess, sufficient.
The only thing I'd be concerned about is  the door being on the side.

If I were in the market, I think I would buy it.

They also had a smaller one very similar in construction for $94.99.
(Lot # 42202)
It measures about 27" across the front.
It has no legs so I guess you would have to build a stand for it.

'Sbout all I could think of.
Hope this helps.

 Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
 jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
  ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
  \/)"(\/         "The big fish always get away -
  (_o_)                    that's why they're big."