[SEL] old notice

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Mon Jul 17 17:04:21 PDT 2006

I recently had delivery of the GEM back issue discs.
I came across this snippet in the 1st year of publication. (I wonder if they
realised what it would become?)

NOTICE NEW CLUB On January 30, 1966 a meeting was held in Portland, Indiana
with 15 interested men attending to organize a new gasoline engine and
tractor club which is to be called the Tri-State Gasoline Engine and Tractor
Association. Anyone wishing to obtain membership may do so by writing Morris
Titus, R. R. 2, Pendleton, Indiana 46064. Those owning gas engines or
tractors may obtain active membership. Dues are $2.00. Those not owning gas
engines or tractors may obtain associate membership. Dues $1.00. Please
support this new club and help the interest and preservation of gasoline and
tractors grow. Woody Turner, Pres. Morris Titus, Sec.-Treas. R. D. 2,
Pendleton, Ind. 46064
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au