[SEL] BIG Steam Engine

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 12 16:24:36 PDT 2006

Anyone belong to a club wanting a big steam engine? I know where one is
sitting, disassembled. The flywheel is around 10 ft dia. It was originally
installed as backup power at a hospital. I've tried to find local clubs
interested but nobody wants it. I think the current owner is the state of
NC, probably the department of education. I know its not a gas engine but I
hate to see this thing turning into a bunch of new cars.

If anyone is serious, contact me offlist and I'll tell you where it is and
give you a couple of starter phone numbers to see how much of an ordeal
purchasing it would be.

John Hall