[SEL] For the IHC gurus....

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Jul 10 12:13:06 PDT 2006

The weekend was a very productive one, spent sandblasted all day on a
IHC cart to place the 5HP Alamo engine on. It's too heavy and it's got
to be on wheels for me to handle it. Someday I'll find a correct
Bentendorf cart......

The cart is really in excellent shape with so little rust to the main
rails, that for the first time, I found some numbers stamped on the
inside of a rail. I've not seen this on other IHC carts.....perhaps I
simply didn't notice or maybe it was rusted away.

I'm guessing this is a date code. It is stamped on the inside of the
left rail at the front. Here is a picture of it after sandblasting and
in primer.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/IHC%20Date.jpg>

I'm guessing this is the 16th day of Feb, 1906??? What do the IHC gurus
think?
Is this a common mark on IHC carts? Finds like this always bring up fond
memories of John Hammick.....he'd have known.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC