[SEL] BIG Iron

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Jul 9 21:21:02 PDT 2006

Wow!  That's a big one, all right!  Good for you Tommy.

I'm going to reveal my ignorance about gigantic engines by saying I'm
curious about the fuel consumption.  Granted, that huge displacement is
going to suck in a whole bunch of fuel, but should it take that much just to
overcome friction and windage?  I once helped run a 35 h.p. Superior at a
show and it seemed to be rather thrifty, running on propane.

BTW, an acquaintance of mine built a Hagan model.  Wow, what a contrast in
size!  Wayne, the valve operation intrigued me, too.  Those old-timers could
be clever.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger