[SEL] Machining a piston

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Sat Jul 8 02:05:34 PDT 2006

My comments are if you say you can machine a raw piston casting in 4 hrs so
be it and  I believe that you  can . There are many variables in
this operation , i.e. how much meat in the casting ,the size and HP of your
lathe, tooling and sequence of machining operations. I would prefer to give
credit to those of us who have had machine shop experience in our former
working lives .Your description of the boring and sleeving operation
indicate that you are not an ''Armchair Machinist''...........I find the
whole argument bloody pointless.
Now I await the smart arse comments.
Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany