[SEL] 3 Lunger lifts/lowers bridge

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Jul 6 04:33:50 PDT 2006

Howdy all;
   Just got back from a fine family re-union in N.E. Montana.  On the return
trip we had to stop and gaze at the mighty "Snowden Bridge" constructed 1916
by the Great Northern Railway to span the Missouri for rail and auto
traffic, plus lift for the river boats.  This is one of the few vertical
lift span Bridges left and is in use today, but only by the trains.

   Counterweights are 350 ton each and I believe the engine might be a kero
Buda..please correct me if I'm wrong.

  Located near Fairview, Mt. in the eastern portion, it is a definite well
kept secret.

  A fine example of "Whad They Use'm For."

  Photo's at:

  http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551997585&security=VLVAlo

  Hope you enjoy

  RickinMt.