[SEL] oil fields

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 11:08:45 PST 2006

Yeah...I had a feeling that the NY/PA thing was  far from being the best kept secret in the world.  I just threw it  out there.
  JM

Arnie Fero <fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:  Hi Jim,

I think my engine buddy Craig Prucha has plundered all of 'em by this
time.  8-)))  The other thing that's neat about that region is that a lot
of the engines were the ones that are highly desirable; Olins, Bovaird,
Seyfang, etc.

That region (Titusville, Oil City, etc.) is still damn interesting.
A great place to start is the Drake Well Museum.
http://www.drakewell.org/

Another awesome resource was Sam Pees' Oil History pages which don't seem
to be there any more.  http://www.oilhistory.com/

If Sam is still around he used to conduct "Oil Walks" through the Oil City
region.  AWESOME stuff still out in the woods there and the man had an
amazing grasp of the history of that area.

See ya,  Arnie