[SEL] heating large castings for welding

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun Jan 29 13:11:32 PST 2006

Hi John,

Something else you can try when you need to heat large, ackwardly shaped chunks
of iron.  Get some black pipe and fittings and build a "fire frame" around the
piece.  Drill a bunch of holes in the pipe on the side toward the object.
Connect the natural gas or propane, turn it on, and light.  This works best if
you have some way to retain the heat, but will work out in the open in a
pinch.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA