[SEL] [Fwd: [Fwd: stolen macdonald diesel engine]] AUS/VIC

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Thu Jan 26 00:08:52 PST 2006

Be on the lookout for this engine...

Date: 	Wed, 25 Jan 2006 01:57:26 +1100 (EST)
From: 	chantal moisley <cmm_acm at yahoo.com.au>
Subject: 	stolen macdonald diesel engine

Hello,

Just writing to advise of the theft of a MacDonald diesel engine.  This
engine was taken from a water pump shed located in Park Orchards
Melbourne between 24th to 26th of May 2005.  Unfortunately it was not
discovered missing until later, but we were able to approximately
ascertain when it went.  The engine is a Macs diesel with AH McDonald
Richmond Vic cast on the block.  It is a Model 1042CQ.  I don't have the
engine number, but we have another identical engine that was bought at
the same time with the engine number 2145 so I assume its number would
be close.  An identifying feature is the fuel tank which was repaired
around March 1998 using lead wiping to cover the rust holes that had
developed.  The engine  is in good running order and was operating
occasionally a dam water pump.

Any help would be appreciated and a reward will be paid for help in
locating this engine.

Thanking you.
Tony Moisley

pjp at steamengine.com.au