[SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Status

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Wed Jan 25 12:41:13 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of
Germoamer at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:47 AM
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Subject: Re: [SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Status

Francis/Orrin,

What exactly does the "oval metal base" look like for the dishpans?  I have
probably seen them at shows but never paid any attention to them.  Orrin
made
reference to the trucks having the oval base already on it.  I looked in
BRB,
but did not see anything that caught my eye, but maybe overlooked. Thanks
Dave,
but I already guessed it was oval!!

Thanks,

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA
Germoamer at aol.com
~~~~~~~~~

Oval might be a bit of a misnomer, but it's the easiest way to describe
them.

Imagine a piece of light weight channel iron made out of sheet metal.  Now,
imagine it bent to form two parallel sides with semi-circular ends.  That's
about as good a description that I can manage.

The cart I bid on was obviously "factory."  The brackets that bolted to the
oval were either cast or forged to conform to the shape of the frame.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA