[SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Status

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Wed Jan 25 09:34:11 PST 2006

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA
http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/index.htm
So many projects.  So little time.

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of
FRM8198 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:47 AM
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Subject: Re: [SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Status

In a message dated 1/24/2006 9:33:26 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
edsingns at winsoft.net.au writes:

I have  a
dishpan F/M with original truck to get going one  day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edd,
My engine has the oval metal base.  I haven't seen any dishpan  on a truck.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA

~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't seen a dishpan on a truck, but I've seen a dishpan truck.  It
showed up at a machine shop auction.  An old-timer had thrown away the
engine and bolted a sheet of plywood to the oval frame and had been using it
for his all-purpose shop cart.

Not only did I want the cart, but I wanted that oval; mine was badly rusted.

To make a long story short, somebody else wanted that cart, too.  I dropped
out of the bidding at $275!

The auctioneer and most of the crowd didn't understand what all the
excitement was about.  It's the only dishpan cart I've ever seen out here in
the boonies.

Regards,

Orrin