[SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Status

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Tue Jan 24 23:11:09 PST 2006

Hi Francis -

  Good to hear another FMC is now among the living. I have it's older
brother, a 1916 headless 1 1/2 HP "Z" out in the shop now that is now
(admittedly overly) restored and only needing gas, oil, water and a wire
to the ignitor to fire it for the first time in many a moon. It was a
FULL restoration from pouring new babbitt to rewinding the mag armature
(first time I've tried that), to a complete cart fab. Had to fabricate
several small parts for this one. Pictures are at:

http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/headless2.jpg
http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/headless3.jpg
http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/headless4.jpg

See you in Tulare?