[SEL] Re:12 hp Lister & 11 hp Ruston Hornsby on eBay/Now Oz to S.A.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Jan 22 11:41:40 PST 2006

At 12:00 PM 22/01/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Message: 20
>Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:31:28 -0700
>From: Jeff Allen <transteck at earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] 12 hp Lister & 11 hp Ruston Hornsby on eBay
>
>Hi Tommy,
>
>I think an engine left OZ to South Africa and made it with help of the
>list. Sure worth a shot if you want it. Hell, I'm looking at an LB that
>needs a home right now.
>
>Jeff Allen

Hi Jeff,
         That would be my Ronnie N you are referring to and yes I did ask
the List or help in getting it over from Aus to S.A. but although I had
many helpful suggestions from the list I was not able to get it over "on
the cheap" and in the end used a local Freight Forwarding Company. Although
this was quite costly it was the best decision in the end as they do all
the paperwork and iron out any problems. The whole thing went off pretty
painlessly with their expertise.
         The list members have been very helpful with info on this engine
and of course it would never have happened in the first place if it was not
for Reg Ingold. Then Steve Kitto has posted me a spare muffler that he had
and many other list members have offered help for which I am extremely
grateful.
         Bear in mind also that mine is a small engine and probably weighs
less than the Cylinder Head of the Ruston & Hornsby in question.

         Getting back to my Ronnie N - It arrived earlier this week
(Monday) and went to it's first South African show today - still in it's
shipping crate but running (Great carpentry Reg :-)) .

         I'll post pics soon. This was just a get together on a local farm
and actually is more of a Bike and vintage car show but there were about 15
engines. Unfortunately the day ended in tragedy when one of the bikers lost
control of his bike and was killed.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---