[SEL] 12 hp Lister & 11 hp Ruston Hornsby on eBay

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 00:24:48 PST 2006

On 1/21/06, Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:

> >This one is an ex-college engine, same as ours, and should be a late
> >1950's or early 1960's engine judging by the plastic oil reservoir
> >caps etc etc.
> >Peter
>
> Who the hell would want a modern engine? I thought this was an antique
> engine List!
>          Dave

Yes, but if I wasn't truthful about the age, you would not know by
looking would you?

The Ruston HR range was made from the 1930's up to the 1960's. The
Lister CS and JP engines were also made over that range, in fact the
Lister 8/1 and 16/2 diesels went up to the 1970's as Iran was buying
them for oil and water pumping sets.

I can't recall the life span of the Lister D petrol engine, but it had
a 40+ year life span.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes