[SEL] My dumb engine website (now updated)

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu Jan 19 04:59:32 PST 2006

There is a TON of info posted by some Major universities on the web - for
free. Studies on usability, design, etc. They have done a TON of research
(mostly government grants, I'm sure, Dave)
My son HAS that degree - he designs web sites and logos for companies.
Well, he did until he found you have to be really lucky and live in the
right place to make anything - he's now in Korea teaching English making
more money.
He also said most customers were real turkeys that couldn't make up their
mind, or had it made up all too well and had crazy thoughts on web sites.
Said the work sucked, the headaches weren't worth it.
I sort of agree - I did it myself for a few years, then decided to do it
just for me and a choice few others.
It's more fun doing for yourself than for others who are clueless and
think flash, large animations and blinking neon text are cool.

Bill
Runnells, Iowa