[SEL] Reginald has arrived

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Jan 17 09:29:40 PST 2006

Hi the Lists,
         "Reginald" the Ronnie N that Reg organised for me has arrived at
his new home. I picked him up from the freight agents yesterday afternoon.
I was actually there before they had even offloaded him from the truck that
brought him from Durban (port of entry) to Johannesburg (central inland
city in South Africa) so he was just loaded straight from their truck to my
pickup.
         We got him home and tinkered a bit and he was soon chuffing along
quite happily still in his packing crate with temporary cooling (hose pipe).
         He ran for about half an hour and then lost spark. it was late and
I decided to leave it till today. A friend, Neville Botha came around today
and in no time the magneto problem was found and sorted out and he is once
again running quite happily.
         I was going to start his "stripdpwn" and restoration immediately
but we are having a small show on Sunday and I have decided to give him his
South African debut there - still in his packing crate with a temporary
water tank for cooling. I'll then start the restoration next week - not so
much "restoration" as he is actually in very good condition mechanically -
it will be more of a good paint job to restore him to his original colour
(black).
         A friend who owns a sheet metal fabricating shop has already
started to fabricate a hopper (thanks to all the guys in Aus who gave me
sizes and pictures) and Steve Kitto from Aus has very kindly given me a
muffler which is in the post at present. I owe all you guys - thanks for
the help and support.
         Of course I owe the biggest "Thank You" to Reg Ingold who made
this whole thing happen in the first place.
         I'll have pics on my site soon and will keep the lists informed.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---