[SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Oiling Questions

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 21:32:46 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/9/2006 9:16:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dotto at velocitus.net writes:

I may be  mistaken about the grease cup on the larger FM Z engines; it is
probably  for the camshaft.

Dave,
On this engine, there is a small grease cup,  located between the magneto and
the crankshaft that lubes the cam gear and  the governor drive gear.
I installed a new grease cup on the connecting rod.  In order  to have
sufficient clearance when the crankshaft is rotated, I had to install a  ¼"  st ell
with the grease cup.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA