[SEL] OT Antivirus

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Jan 9 05:02:29 PST 2006

If you really believe the MS windows firewall is good and will protect you
100%, then there is little else to say. And same for the AOL protection
(aol being one of the reasons we even see issues at the sate agency here).
Guess I will simply wish you luck.
I have shown holes in the MS firewall - enough I was able to get to a
computer that had that "firewall" turned on! I accessed it remotely.
Don't worry about experience and testing.
Don't worry that there is no one "spyware/adware" product that will or can
catch it all (based on experience, research and testing for months)
Don't worry that for years, McAfee's protection had holes in it (based on
research by universities and independant research groups) and there were a
few "in the wild" things that still got through in their tests (and mine).

People treat AV like religion - thiers is always best or right or the only
way, based on what? Faith? What someone told them once?

Whatever, good luck. I hope you don't need it.

Bill