[SEL] Error posting to the SEL List

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Jan 7 12:27:20 PST 2006

>Quoting Jerry Evans <jerrye at databak.co.za>:
> >          A number of my posts to this list have bounced lately - could
> > anyone explain why - what am I doing wrong?

>Hi Jerry
>
>Some stuff about mailing lists and implicit destinations I found on the net:
>
>"The message does not have the list address in either the To: or Cc:
>headers.  This is often a sign of spam or other stuff that should not
>be going to the list."
>
>"Implicit Address:
>
>Most mailing lists are set up to only allow postings that are sent directly
>to the list. For example, say you frequently send the same messages to
>several mailing lists and have decided to create a mailing list containing
>all those list addresses to save time. If any of those lists insist on
>"explicit destination" your mail will be rejected (even if you're an
>authorized poster), however, if you resend the message using exact addresses
>listed individually, it will be accepted."
>
>Hope this helps.
>Regards
>      Pete
>Hi Arnie, Reg and Pete,

         Thanks for the replies - I think Pete has got it - I had the SEL
address in the BCC field.

         Pete I have had mail rejected in the past when I have put both
addresses in the TO: field which is why I had resorted to using the BCC:
field for one address. If I put the one address in the CC Field would I
have the same problem?

         Arnie thanks also but my post was very small - you probably saw
the same post on the oldengine list - I was asking for list members to log
on to a page on my site and give me some sizes for a Ronnie N muffler,

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---