[SEL] Engine Tags

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sat Jan 7 11:15:07 PST 2006

There was some discussion on engine tags a few days ago (the Miami/Howe
tag).  This just arrived today.  I have a Weber engine that had been
sent back to the factory for some work in the teens.  It came back with
a different tag (etched rather than cast brass) and with an additional
set of numbers (supposedly repair work numbers).  I borrowed a friend's
tag and had it recast as I wanted to put the proper tag on it (much
prettier one too!).  I think they did a super job.  Here is the link for
the "new" tag and the current tag that's one the engine is below it:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=3009203&a=31451232&p=73519180

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=3009203&a=31451232&p=69805362

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY