[SEL] Error posting to the SEL List

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Sat Jan 7 03:59:19 PST 2006

Hi Jerry

Some stuff about mailing lists and implicit destinations I found on the net:

"The message does not have the list address in either the To: or Cc:
headers.  This is often a sign of spam or other stuff that should not
be going to the list."

"Implicit Address:

Most mailing lists are set up to only allow postings that are sent directly
to the list. For example, say you frequently send the same messages to
several mailing lists and have decided to create a mailing list containing
all those list addresses to save time. If any of those lists insist on
"explicit destination" your mail will be rejected (even if you're an
authorized poster), however, if you resend the message using exact addresses
listed individually, it will be accepted."

Hope this helps.

Regards

     Pete
--