[SEL] Fairbanks Morse 2HP "Z" 'dishpan f/w'

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Mon Feb 27 15:31:41 PST 2006

Hi Gerald.
Fairbanks Morse are nice engines.  The glass thing sticking out of the
hopper is a drip oiler, lubricates the piston and wrist pin.  Five or six
drops a minute.
The venturi action of the air flowing through the restriction in the
mixer creates a low pressure that draws fuel up from the tank, a check
valve at the bottom of the fuel line holds it up ready to be drawn in on
each successive stroke.
The bell shaped device that I see is the choke lever to create extra
suction to get the fuel up to fire the first time, also can regulate the
mixture.
Next is the speed control part of the governor, the flat lever moves in
and out for fast and slow.
Yes the brass stud contacts the copper grounding the circuit and
initiating the spark.
 It looks like with a little cleanup and adjustment you should have a
runner.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California