[SEL] Oil Field engines in them hills

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Feb 22 21:37:35 PST 2006

As most of you know, Arnie, Dave and I took a walk in the WV hills to visit
some oilfield engines.    After making a few other calls and checking in a
couple of other engines, I have struck a deal with the owner to buy all
three WV engines.  One of these is going to Brice Adams   One is going to
me.    If someone else wants to get in the deal, let me know cause we got a
third.  It is a 20HP Reid that is supposedly not stuck, but the flywheel is
wedged against the ground and some wood and we couldn't spin it to be sure.
  The clutch is there and complete.  The engine has _very_nice_ skids.  It
appears that only the oiler and hot tube is missing.  The engine is $800.
Dave and Arnie saw the engine and they can give you the scoop on the
"tilted building" engine.  The only decent shot we have of that engine is:

http://www.antique-tractor.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album23&
id=1136_G

I am planning on the rescue taking place late March and we will be renting
a Cat 307/308 excavator for the weekend($600) to make loading quick and
painless.   Between the excavator, fuel, and some incidentals like buying
some food for helpers,  I figure all three engine buyers can anticipate an
extra $400/each for incidental expenses.

That's it for now - I'm excited (-;

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!