[SEL] Cub cadet

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Mon Feb 20 19:22:42 PST 2006

I cant say for sure but model 102 or 122 will be close enough for
parts.  Great tractor,  You will not hurt or over power the
transmission.  Parts are easy to get.  BTW  Some people think the input to
the transmission turns backwards.  A normal Kohler engine sits in it with
the power shaft facing FORWARD.  The tractor is powered from the end that
usually has the pull rope and fan.   check it out before you bolt up your
new engine.

The transmission is a 3 speed but has a large reduction gear on the input
shaft.  The drive shaft drives this Very large gear through a small gear.

Frank

Hi all.  I picked up this Cub cadet this weekend.  Plan on re powering it
with Chinese Diesel just for laughs.  Can anyone identify the model?  The
tag on the differential says; serial no. 200435.

  Frank DeWitt

  Light plant WEB page
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>http://www.oldengine.org/members/<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>frank
  Mechanical Design      mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
  LBP  INC.              Phone:  585 624 3052
  2365 Cox Rd.           Fax     585 624 1038
  Bloomfield NY 14469    Web   http://www.lbpinc.com