[SEL] Re: SEL Digest, Vol 23, Issue 17

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Feb 20 10:30:24 PST 2006

At 12:00 PM 17/02/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Message: 6
>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:30:30 -0000
>From: "Dave Croft" <dave.croft at ntlworld.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] webshots pics
>To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>

>Hi Jerry, I have been collecting engines for 25 years & that Benford
>top on the Bamford Is a new one to me.
>Dave Croft
>Warrington

Hi Dave,
         I'm not sure if I've already answered this one so apologize if
this is  duplicate.
         The Benford top is on a Petter (not a Bamford)
         They were made for the Benford Concrete mixers and the hopper was
made "lower and wider" obviously to fit into the concrete mixer. The
rectangular shape of the hopper looks like the old wall hung cisterns in a
toilet - hence the rather uncomplimentary nickname "Bogtop".
         They do seem pretty rare - I've only come across a few on the net
and this is the first one I've seen here but have heard that someone else
has one. It is not my engine - Belongs to Neville Botha - he is South
Africa's equivalent to Roland Craven - both nuts about Petter.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---