[SEL] New pages

Dave Otto dotto at velocitus.net
Wed Feb 15 20:55:22 PST 2006

Hi Jerry

Your tag work is real nice; I have done a little bit of tag work myself.
Your prices are extremely reasonable for what is involved to make a nice
looking tag. Because I don't have enough time to get my own projects
finished I wouldn't even consider doing this on a regular basis.

I did volunteer to make a small R&V tag for a friend because there are none
available any where. I think my process is probably similar to yours. I take
a high resolution scan and import it into AutoCAD. The picture is then
scaled so it is the exact size of the original. This picture is then used as
a drawing board to create the vector geometry.

I didn't keep track of the time I have in the Falk tag but it was a bunch,
just for kicks I kept track of the computer time for the R&V tag and I have
right at 12 hours in it.

Here is a picture of a tag I made for my little 3hp Falk that I have been
working on. This is a prototype and I have tweaked the art work since I made
this one. Now I just need to find time to make a few more.

http://community.webshots.com/album/547640091vNkfnt

Regards, Dave

Dave Otto
Boise, Id
USA
Dotto at velocitus.net
http://community.webshots.com/user/otto1960

P.S. If it is not a trade secret I would be interested to here what you are
using as a mask, and etchant.