[SEL] 5 H.P. Economy Engine.

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Sun Feb 12 18:54:24 PST 2006

Since I was busy posting pictures I thought I'd post some of our
latest engine acquisition.

We got this 5 H.P. Economy engine in the fall of 2005.  My sister and
her family had purchased the engine several years before planning to
show the engine.  After several years of never having had it out of
the barn they decided they would rather have a Farmall Cub tractor
that they could use around their place and also take it to shows.  So
dad and I started looking around for a Cub.  Finally in October we
went to an auction and came home with a Cub which we traded to my
sister for the engine.  The pictures below shows dad cutting some
slab wood.  The engine runs real well but could use some cosmetic
work.  The water hopper gasket leaks.  Anybody had the hopper off one of these?

   http://www.herculesengines.com/hercules/5HP%20Economy.html

Keith Kinney
Evansville, Indiana
WWW.HerculesEngines.com