[SEL] Buzzin Wood with 7hp Economy

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:56:51 PST 2006

Hi Everybody,

A couple weeks ago a tree cutting company was cutting the trees and brush
from under the power lines in my area. I stopped at several houses and asked
if they wanted the wood that was left laying in their yard. Some wanted it
and some were glad to have it picked up. I hauled home about seven truck
loads and piled it up. This past Saturday we pulled out the 7hp Economy buzz
rig and cut up some of it for a couple hours. My wife took some pictures
about half way through. Was alot nicer than using a chain saw. Was neat to
hear the engine get off the governor and hit several times in a row while
making a cut. Some of the bigger logs it would hit six to ten times in a row
while making the cut then get back up on the governor after making the cut.
Toward the end of the session the engine was good and hot and I thought I'd
see what it would cut, I was impressed how big of a log it would cut.
Probably 8 inches or bigger. Of course you could kill the engine if you fed
it too fast, but you just have to listen to the blade speed and the engine
hitting. Was ALOT of fun! Pictures can be seen here:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/sawrig/sawrig.html

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA