[SEL] OT....annoying FW's

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Feb 6 16:47:00 PST 2006

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 05:55:35 +0800
>From: "peter ogborne" <jopeter at omninet.net.au>
>Subject: [SEL] OT....annoying FW's
>
>Why is it that some people think they are doing you a bloody favour by
>sending FW's . No message with them ,just the mindless shit !. I did solve
>it once by hitting reply ....that stopped that particular person but still
>it comes from others!
>Peter Ogborne

Good on ya Peter,
         I have received many such mails in the past. They usually come
from people who are relatively new to the "Internet" or "eMail" and are too
stupid to realise that they are stuffing up things for those of us that
have been connected from the beginning.
         I used to get many mails promising a new "Whatever" (Sony
Playstation or other desirable (to some)product). They go out as "special
offers" and are aimed at the "stupids". I discovered that one of my engine
friends's daughter had access to his mail and she always replied to these
"scams". They promise something if you just send the mail to 20 friends and
CC the mail to the sender.
         "Good one" - the daughter always forwarded the mails to her
fathers "engine list" and " Voila" - the spammer had another 20 addresses
to add to his list. She could NOT understand why I crapped on her !! ( She
also wondered why the promised product was never delivered to her in the 10
days promised. - in spite of the fact that the original mail made no
mention of asking her for a postal address - to send the promised
"Whatever" to)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---