[SEL] Fw: RE invincible / vinco

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 18 22:24:36 PST 2006

Barry thank you for your reply
Forwarded from slick to SEL

Kerry,
         I only know of what research I have done , And I hope this covers

Patrick's question as well

        invincible rolled out in 1906 , building ,on-selling,re-Badging from then on .

In The late 19O0's They started advertising as "The NEW INVINCIBLE FAMILY"

Same company , several sites other than George st.

as with many other companies they had subsidiary companies and workshops for

 machinery ,motors and associated tooling as well as absorbing other companies

and continuing with their brands

Vinco Was originally Built by

VINCENT BROS 44 WENTWORTH PARK RD Glebe SYDNEY

There were That I know of  vinco motors from the early 1900's

2 stroke inboards from 1hp to 5/6 hp single cylinder

including a powered surfboard type thing in the late 50's

with a small Vinco Motor

Very nice site - another name to add to buzacott -"ENGINE"

not to forget Chapman/Sherack - Blaxland/Rae - SIMPLEX,made by Hardman Hall,Newtown

            Barry Gorman
    Hunter Valley NSW  AUSTRALIA
  BarryandPamGorman at bigpond.com