[SEL] Update - Steve Sewell

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Dec 15 17:00:01 PST 2006

Brice and I made the drive to Albany and were able to make the visitation
at the funeral home Wednesday night and stayed a few hours with Steve at
his house afterwards.  I am pleased to report he and Janelle and Wendy have
lots of supportive friends and family.   The FFA (John was a member) was in
full attendance and full dress(Dress clothes with their FFA jackets) in
memory of John.  As is usually the case in these circumstances, the
bereaved were able to function those first few days, albeit through sobs
and tears, because of all the help and love of these friends, neighbors,
and family.   I am concerned for the holidays season though, when those
same friends and neighbors will be busy with other obligations and the
house quiets down and the full weight of the tragedy settles in.  Coping is
going to be tough.

I received several private(and list) emails suggesting a portion of the
Holiday Auction Proceeds go to the FFA scholarship fund in John's name.   I
wholeheartedly agree and will insist on significant percentage going there.
  As many of you remember, I often reserve the right to name where 10% of
the auction proceeds go as a small "perk" of running the auction.  So at
least 10% will go.

Please take the time, over the next 5 or 6 weeks, to write Steve a personal
email just letting him know how much he (or his posts if you don't know him
well) means to you.   I think a steady stream of emails over the next few
weeks from grateful friends will help him.  His email is
sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu.   In the mean time, go to www.oldironauction.com
and bid early and often in support of the scholarship donation!

PS:   Those who wrote to me personally with offers of help:   I passed
those on to Steve tonight

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!