[SEL] Binks Air Compressor Data Needed

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Thu Dec 14 04:15:34 PST 2006

> Hi List,
> I have an older Binks Lo Boy compressor.  Instead of an  electrical pressure
> switch to control the predetermined output,  it has some sort of an internal
> clutch to disengage the compressor from  pumping more air when the set pressure
> is reached.  When it is in the  latter mode, when maximum pressure is
> reached, the motor/compressor pulley  continues to run without a load.
> Does anyone have any technical data or parts lists for this type of
> compressor?  Is there any other make that uses a similar control  system?

Francis, I've only seen tis on gasoline powered compressors, they use an unloader to lift the intake valves. This allows the engine to keep running while the compressor freewheels. Your unit may have been designed for a gasoline motor, I don't se any advantage on an electric set. The larger screw compressors run continuously, unloading when necessary, but these circulate oil with the air and seperate it.
J.B. Castagnos