[SEL] Antifreeze

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 06:38:17 PST 2006

On 13/12/06, bill at antique-engines.com <bill at antique-engines.com> wrote:
> Shoot, that's as common as an adjustable wrench around here!
> I grew up using them - tested all the family cars each fall when I was a kid.
> You can get them even in the grocery stores around here in the same
> section you buy the oil and funnels.
>
> The most common antifreezes were use where I live should be a 50-50 mix,
> you lose effeciency if stronger, and it won't protect cold enough if
> weaker.
>

> Bill

Bill, hope you won't mind me mentioning/correcting that it is the
COOLING efficiency that you lose if the antifreeze solution is too
strong.

I am currently helping to sort out a big Nordberg diesel in Bryan,
Ohio that seems to have cooling problems, that has a 40% solution of
antifreeze.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes