[SEL] Check out AipStirling

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 20:03:09 PST 2006

Hi List,
At the last meeting of my local Submarine Veterans Group, one of  the members
was telling us about a Swedish submarine that was using a new  propulsion
system.  That peaked my interest and I made a search on  Google.  When I found
the site, I was amazed to find that the power  plant for this new "Propulsion
System" was a Stirling engine.  In  reality, it was an application of new
thinking to an old design.  What make  this propulsion unique, is the use of liquid
oxygen.  The use of this  system allows a submarine to be submerged for a
longer period of time than a  conventional non nuclear sub.  Here is the URL for
this web  site:

 _http://www.kockums.se/Submarines/aipstirling.html _
(http://www.kockums.se/Submarines/aipstirling.html )

Francis  Maciel