[SEL] Ruston & Hornsby PB Carb needed

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Dec 5 12:56:06 PST 2006

Hi again Guys,
         Does anyone out there have a spare a carby for a 1936 Ruston &
Hornsby  1 1/2 to 2 hp. PB that they would like to sell?
         This engine has been on my wishlist for some time and it finally
followed me home 2 weeks ago but it's carburettor is missing. It's the
little PB with the Villiers flywheel magneto and the carb (according to Ray
Hooley) is the same as the larger (4hp - I think) PB but with smaller jets.
         I was offered one locally but when I went to collect today I found
that the flange was different as well as a few other parts of the carb. The
one I need has 2 mounting bolts (top and bottom) and is exactly the same as
my R&H PT except that the float chamber is on the left hand side of the
body as opposed to the PT's which is on the right Hand Side. (Looking at
the carby from the exhaust side of the engine))
         Here is a pic of the carb on my PT. What I am looking for is the
same as this except that the float chamber is on the other side:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/carb.jpg>
and here is a pic of the engine showing where the missing carb fits:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/pb1.jpg>

         Any help is much appreciated.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans