[SEL] Henry Ford Plans

Elden DuRand edurand at iglou.com
Tue Dec 5 10:05:56 PST 2006

Sorta like getting paw paw trees to propogate.  The varmints eat the fruit (human edible but an acquired taste) and on the way through their alimentry tract, they are prepared for germination.  Had a friend who tried for years to plant the seeds.  Finally, he asked me and I told him that he could eat a bunch of paw paws then wait about 24 hours.  Dig some real shallow holes and make the required deposits.  Better to do it at night if you're near your neighbors.

That said, the only way us country boys know to make 'em sprout is to build a fence, splitting mock orange trees for posts.  In a few years, you'll have a grove of 'em.

Other than eatin' them oranges (ain't done never tried one!) and making deposits as above.

Anyway, why would you want a mock orange tree?  They ain't real lovely, dontcha know.

Take care - Elden
edurand at iglou.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand