[SEL] Latest eBay Ripoff

William J Pfeiffer Sr old_iron at msn.com
Fri Dec 1 17:42:35 PST 2006

Last year I bid on something, and paid for it via paypal, I included the
shipping amount indicated by the seller.  I waited over a week and the item
did not arrive so I emailed the seller.  This was a "I sold it" eBay
location in Palmento Florida.  The seller then proceeded to tell me that I
had chosen "local pickup", and if I wanted it shipped I owed another $8.00,
after paying the original $6.00 for shipping.  This was all on a $14.95 Tee
shirt I had won.  I complained that I felt I was being ripped off, so he
said if I just sent $4.00 more he would then ship the shirt.  I did that and
it still took another 2 weeks before I got the item.  Boy did I learn my
lesson, I now make very sure the items I bid on are NOT being sold by one of
these scam places.

XOXOX
Peg