[SEL] Portland Update

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 08:05:34 PDT 2006

On 27/08/06, Leroy <oldengin at verizon.net> wrote:

> ps I lost another michillin tyre on the way home on the camper, in my life I
> have had 6 tire blow outs and five have all been from the same tyre
> builder............hmmmm  looks like no more michlins for me!

That's unusual, Leroy, they have an excellent safety record in Europe.
Was there any common failure mode in the blowouts that you have had?,
ie speed, loading, road surface etc?

Been a long time since we had any kind of failure, probably 8 years
ago, on the van before last. That time we had two go on the same trip,
one was a puncture and one a blowout, but nothing in common.

Current van is about to start its third set of tyres, just over 93000
miles and two years old next month, getting 46,000 out of a set.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com