[SEL] @#$%! Chinese Tools

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Mon Aug 21 12:14:38 PDT 2006

Thanks Rob for the "Heads up".

I've used a press at a local shop and I think the platens are made of
solid steel - not cast.

But - at least - you demonstrated that the Harbor Freight Press had
enough tonnage to break something.

On another note.

A little while ago, I bought a 2000 lb winch from Harbor Freight as a
spare.
And - Installed it to be sure it worked.

First, with 50 ft of 3/16 cable on the spool, I was constantly unjambing
cable from between the spool and the housing that holds it.  I felt that
there was too much cable for the small spool and I cut 20 foot of cable
off leaving 30 feet.

Now - While winching my 400 lb. IDEAL up the ramp into my truck (with
single cable) the winch was really
straining and clicked OFF.  Oh DAMN - Over heat.
It came back on - but - This has never happened with my 1500 lb winch.

How do they rate these things ???

2000 lbs - on wheels - down hill ???