[SEL] Mystery engine/ No answers!!

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 17 13:55:22 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Evans" <jerrye at databak.co.za>
To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:24 PM
Subject: [SEL] Mystery engine/ No answers!!

> Hi the list,
>         12 hours after posting and not a single reply yet !! You can't ALL
> be packing for Portland <grin>.
>         I got a bit more info on the engine and have added it to the page.
> <www.oldengine.org/members/evans/mystery.htm>
>
> Thanks
> Jerry
>
> Hi All,
>         I got an eMail from a guy in England asking to identify an engine
> / lighting plant. Could anyone help please.
> I've put pics here:
> <www.oldengine.org/members/evans/mystery/index.htm>
> Thanks for looking

Hi Jerry, this has been posted a couple of times before without any answers.
The engine was for sale at the 1000 engine rally and no-one there could identify it.
I post a previous reply below.

> These engine pictures were sent to me the other day and I just
> got around to putting them up.  Any help will be appreciated.
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/christison/mystery/tony/
> Thanks and take care.
> Ken Christison

Hi Ken, I saw the engine for sale at the Astle Park rally.
It was much discussed but nobody knew the manufacturer.
I thought it looked a little like a Glasgow but others said it wasn't.
The picture of the engine on sale is below.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/551708179/2654545010028520097bGYhWp#

Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage