[SEL] Maytay Engine - Need Help

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 13 20:31:51 PDT 2006

Folks a friend of mine purchased a set of the Maytag Tractor Plans from me and built this tractor:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g36/wheelterrapin/maytagtractor254.jpg

He has run it in several parades and said it does great EXCEPT each time he hits a pothole, or a good bump, such as going over a railroad track, the engine dies. He can easily restart it and it runs fine until he hits another bump.

He wanted me to ask the gang on the SEL if they had any ideas of what was happening (probably associated with the ball seat) and what solutions, if any, you might have.

Thanks for the help.

Paul