[SEL] I have a question and this does not pertain to the list

Rupert Wenig rwenig at telus.net
Sun Aug 6 21:03:20 PDT 2006

Hello Lyle,
	I don't see any learned replies so I'll take a stab at it. Hope it helps.
	It sounds to me that the dash has to be taken apart if they are
charging you so much. You probably will have to do that to to add a
toggle switch. I haven't worked on a Grand Am but I have changed dimmer
switches on other vehicles. The plastic has to come off the steering
column and the steering wheel has to come off. You may have to remove
the instrument cluster to get at the connector. Both are not difficult.
It just takes time. In other words, I'm saying to take a good look at it
as you probably can change the dimmer switch yourself.

Rupert