[SEL] Water Hopper leaks

cgandree at mchsi.com cgandree at mchsi.com
Sun Aug 6 03:56:03 PDT 2006

Hi All,
Need some help with my 3hp Fuller & Johnson,model N engine.  Several years ago
when returning from a show I dumbed it off my trailer when unloading and
thought there was no damages until the next time I filled the water hopper and
found a small leak some where on the back lefthand side of the water hopper
where it fastens to the base unit.  Believe there is a hairline crack but
can't seem to find it. The engine is completely restored and painted so if
there is some way to add some sort of sealent I am looking for ideas.  Don't
want to use radiator stop leak as it leaves a merky black residue and requires
the water very hot (this is hit n miss engine).
Thank you in advance,
Curt Andree