[SEL] Nice Wheels/ cable plowing

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Wed Aug 2 19:33:41 PDT 2006

This is very sad.  and needless.  I went to steam school this
spring.  The first and biggest thing we learned is to keep enough
water in it. Next watch the gauge.  To little pressure, add
coal.  Pressure starting to move up to much, use it, and, or add
water.  On the maintenance side,  Have the boiler checked, use good
water, and check the pop off (pressure relief valve) often Do these
things and you can't blow it up.  I am no expert, but It made sense
to me.  BTW Driving one and running the engine is FUN.  I recommend it.

Frank