[SEL] Nice Wheels/ cable plowing

Mike Tucker oldironnut at alltel.net
Tue Aug 1 10:22:01 PDT 2006

Something I'm curious about is all of the pictures that I've seen
with the traction engine directly hooked to the plow, it's usually an
18 or 20 bottom plow.  But in the pictures that I've seen with the
cable system the plow is a 5 or 6 bottom plow.  Is the cable system
moving three or four times faster than the steamer could move or is
the cable system just slower on a per acre basis?  I wonder what the
difference in time would be for the 2 methods for getting to the next
plow swath?

Mike