[SEL] Stover "w" mixer needle

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Apr 28 20:22:02 PDT 2006

The last needle valve I made -
I put a piece of brazing rod in the drill press and used a file,
while the press was running, to file a point on the rod.

Then I found a 1/8" brass pipe fitting that fit the mixer and
after soldering a brass washer to the one end of the pipe fitting,
to make a dial, soldered the rod into the other end of the pipe fitting.

It took a little measuring and fitting.

But then - - - I would think nothing of purchasing a $900 lathe
to make a $9 needle valve.

Go for it !!!

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/         "The man who claims he never made a mistake in his life
 (_o_)          generally has a wife who did.."