[SEL] Magneto Repair

Allen Home cwja at telus.net
Thu Apr 27 16:33:02 PDT 2006

I have just bought a Sumter 12 Magneto for my siezed headless
Fairbanks-Morse. The purchase was sort of a hair shirt issue to goad me
into doing the engine after procrastinating for about three years. I
would like to clean up the magneto but I am somewhat leary about getting
things apart on it. I have heard over the years that one should not take
a mag apart because of some unknown disaster that could occur. So what
can happen and why? If I put a keeper bar on the horseshoe magnets would
not the magnetism be retained with no need to recharge the magnets. I
would like to buff up the metal surfaces and clean up all and sundry.
Any ideas or advice for me please.

BTY please remember I am the Canadian Jeff , the good guy

--
Jeff Allen Home
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada